Program Assistant, International Development- New York
Big Bad Boo Studios is looking for a Program Assistant for its International Development programs.
Big Bad Boo seeks a passionate and collaborative individual to oversee program coordination of its Educational and International Development activities. Programs deal with early childhood development programming in humanitarian settings, specifically reaching refugees and host communities in the Middle East and the Philippines.
The Program Assistant will work on the day-to-day logistics of implementing the social-emotional and resilience programs based on original Big Bad Boo animated properties. Working closely with partners, the Program Assistant will be responsible for tracking and managing milestones in order to ensure measures of success are being met. The Program Assistant will also work closely with supervisors and consultants to facilitate Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) data collection as well as the writing of status and final reports.
Please note: This position is based out of our headquarters in New York City.
- Support Big Bad Boo International business development activities
- Support program team’s work with partners to ensure the successful implementation of Big Bad Boo’s curricula in multiple countries.
- Support the program team in the creation of monitoring tools for specific program activities.
- Collaborate with the program team to identify essential project activities, processes, and outcomes to document, and design a system for capturing lessons learned and best practices
- As required, coordinate with staff based in the country where Big Bad Boo’s program is being implemented to facilitate program execution and successful M&E processes
- Write mid-project and final reports evaluating program findings, successes, limitations, and lessons learned
- Create visual presentations to summarize program findings
- Degree in a relevant discipline (public policy, social sciences, political science, statistics, or other similar experience)
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience coordinating international development programs, working with a team to customize educational curricula to a program’s needs, and implementing M&E activities in developing countries; experience in M&E in humanitarian contexts highly desired
- Excellent writing skills, particularly proposal/grant writing and final report evaluations
- Proven ability to compose compelling stories and narratives
- Excellent research skills
- Strong command of M&E methodologies
- Experience working in scheduling and coordinating meetings with multiple parties in different time zones
- Previous experience in ECD and/or Education programming in humanitarian responses highly desired
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills to manage project communications and disseminate project information are required
- Excellent skills in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Keynote
- English language fluency is required. Knowledge of other languages (e.g. Spanish, Arabic, Tagalog, etc.) desired but not necessary.
- If interested, please send link to resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This position starts immediately and is a full-time, paid position.
- Location: Tribeca, New York, NY.